Night of Champions is going down this Sunday. All titles are on the line, and based on history there are going to be two new champions. Last year was an anomaly with the only title change coming in the main event (and that was voided the next night on RAW). The fun will be seeing which two or three are going to get switched. There are also three matches that don't involve titles for a grand total of eight matches, not counting anything on the pre-show. Here's how I'm seeing the show:
- Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins - I'm guessing on some kind of non-finish here. Reigns already beat Rollins on RAW, so I don't see it happening a second time in less than a week. At the same time Reigns is getting the big push so it's not like he's going to lose here.
- Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton - The annual Chris Jericho putting someone over on his way out event is here. Should be a good match, and Orton will get the win here. The only question is do they send Jericho off in a way that can play into when he comes back next year (say, an injury in a post-match attack), or if it just ends in a way that puts a cap on things with this angle.
- The Usos vs Stardust and Goldust (Tag Team Title Match) - There's a good chance of a title switch here. The Dust Brothers have done well enough against the Usos lately to look like they could win. But the Uso have done such a good job as tag champs that there's really no reason to take the belts off of them now. So I'm going to pick them keeping the belts, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the titles changed.
- Mark Henry vs Rusev - Next victim for Rusev on his way to eventually eating a loss from Cena, Reigns, or whoever.
- Paige vs AJ Lee vs Nikki Bella (Diva's Title Match) - Beats me.......Nikki isn't someone you want as the champ because there are several Divas better than her in the ring, but there's got to be some higher reward for her selling out to the Authority than just getting a spot in a title match. Then again, her sister Brie will likely get involved and cost her the title. I'm betting Brie interferes, and as a result Paige gets the win and keeps the title.
- Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz (Intercontinental Title Match) - Ziggler just got the title at Summerslam, so losing it right back a month later would be kind of stupid. But....the rumors are that he and Bray Wyatt will be squaring off next so him dropping the title and getting into with Bray the following night on RAW makes sense. And that's my pick. The Wyatts get involved and start the feud off Sunday night, costing him the title.
- Sheamus vs Cesaro (US Title Match) - The Cesaro push came to an abrupt end a couple of months ago. He's going down here.
- Brock Lesnar vs John Cena (WWE World Title Match) - The Brock run isn't ending this quickly. Cena will fare better, maybe even come close to winning, but some kind of way Brock is leaving with the title.